The Université de Montréal (UdeM) is sensitive to the issues of accessibility in regards to the content of its websites and is committed to the continued promotion and improvement of accessibility across its websites to increase ease-of-use for all individuals, with and without disabilities.
L'Université de Montréal is subject to the Standard sur l'accessibilité des sites Web (SGQRI 008 2.0) of the Quebec Government and aims to comply. This standard is based on the Règles pour l'accessibilité des contenus Web 2.0 (WCAG 2.0).
Programming and technologies
Structure and presentation
- Pages follow a hierarchical structure.
- High contrast between text and background creates a comfortable reading experience.
- This site does not use frames.
- The use of tables in the site layout is limited.
- All informative images feature with a textual equivalent.
- Animations employ no light fluctuation or flickering at speed higher than three per second.
- Pages and menus follow a hierarchical structure.
- Pages and documents have titles describing their function or purpose.
- A page title appear in the browser tab, identify the page when it is added to favorites or when it appears in search engine results.
- Menus are used in a coherent and homogeneous way on all the pages of the site.
- Links, buttons, images, and other components used are consistently and meaningfully labeled.
- The use of tables in the layout of the site is limited.
- Where possible, informative images (by opposition to decorative images) are accompanied by alternative (alt) text.
- The animations do not use any light fluctuation, nor any blinking whose rate is greater than three times a second.
- Color contrasts between a text and its background are Level AA compliant and have a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 (or 3:1 for large text).
- Navigational mechanisms are consistent throughout the site.
- Users can navigate through the site using the arrow keys or tab key on their keyboard.
- Pages will not auto-refresh and context will not change without user action.
- The site does not include keyboard shortcuts.
For any questions regarding the content or information presented on this site, if you need technical assistance when browsing this site (for example if you cannot access certain content using adaptive technologies ), or if you have difficulty filling out a form appearing on this site, do not hesitate to contact us for assistance.